This is essential public affairs training for new collegues, as well as for anyone working in policy-making or government who needs a greater understanding of how decisions are made.
Our popular course provides an excellent overview of UK political decision-making and how it works. This course is delivered by experienced practitioners to give those new to the sector an introduction to the key elements of public affairs, covering:
- UK decision making – an overview
- The basics of UK political institutions
- Understanding key roles – MPs, peers, ministers, officials
- An introduction to the legislative process – including English Votes for English Laws (EVEL)
- How to influence Parliament and Government
- The importance of building and sustaining relationships
- Keeping track of policy and political developments
- An introduction to public affairs tactics
- Useful websites, tools and where to go build political insight and intelligence
We regularly run this course across the year, so please check our training listings for future dates.
Please contact Rob Dale, Account Director, on email@example.com to discuss Connect’s training services.