Past event: This event has already taken place.
- David Gauke MP, Financial Secretary to the Treasury and
- Rob Marris MP, Shadow Financial Secretary to the Treasury
Vanessa Houlder, Tax Correspondent at the Financial Times
Tax is once again a top Parliamentary issue but often there is more heat than light with a number of “myths” about the tax system confusing the political debate and getting in the way of better policy making.
We are delighted to invite you to a roundtable meeting with members of the ‘Public Understanding Group’ that ARC established and which includes the CBI, the Chartered Institute of Taxation, ACCA, the Low Income Tax Reform Group, Oxfam, Action Aid and Christian Aid.
There will be contributions on a range of tax myths, including:
- the tax affairs of the low paid are simple
- closing the tax gap does not require a fully resourced HMRC
- tax competition will solve multinational corporation avoidance; and
- tax simplification is straightforward
If you would like to attend
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place
Date & Time
Date: Wednesday 18 November 2015
Time: 10.00 - 11.30
London SW1A 2LW