Past event: This event has already taken place.
The current policy landscape presents our police service with many challenges and opportunities in terms of how they deliver frontline policing and remain accountable to the public they serve. The ‘Policing Fringe’ returns to the Party Conferences and will hear from national politicians and policing representatives who are at the forefront of delivering and managing change.
This year’s Policing Fringe will hear from some of the most influential figures in the sector:
- Rt Hon Norman Baker MP, Minister of State for Crime Prevention
- Steve White, Chair of the Police Federation of England and Wales
- Sir Hugh Orde, President of Association of Chief Police Officers
- Irene Curtis, Police Superintendents’ Association of England and Wales
- Mark Williams-Thomas, Criminologist (Chair)
It will provide a timely opportunity to debate where policing and crime will sit in policy terms the run up to the 2015 General Election.
Please note that this event is held inside the secure zone and a Liberal Democrat party conference pass is required for access.
For all enquiries regarding The Policing Fringe 2014 please contact Fiona Gardner at Connect Communications:
020 7592 9490
Date & Time
Date: Monday 6 October 2014
Time: 18.15 - 19.15
Castle Suite I