This is the first event in our series on Rising to the Challenge: What will it take to decarbonise transport?
It will explore the changes needed to the wider economy and will discuss the need for a whole-systems approach to transport decarbonisation that reflects the shift to digital connectivity, and the integration of transport with land-use planning, energy and green finance.
Key webinar themes:
- How can we overcome the silos of government to ensure that change can be driven across all areas of policy making?
- How can private investment be harnessed to drive investment in green transport and energy infrastructure?
- Achieving net zero will require a major transformation of the UK economy. What changes will be required to support that transformation?
About the series
Transport is the fastest growing source of global greenhouse gas emissions and the biggest emitting sector of the UK economy. As hosts of the COP26 UN climate summit in November the UK will need a credible plan for decarbonising transport. Our thinking needs to change if we are to rise to the scale of the challenge.
Join us at our webinar series which will consult widely on the five key themes that emerged in the recent publication Rising to the Challenge: Achieving net zero will require new thinking, creative solutions and systemic change.
- The decarbonisation of transport will involve changes to the wider economy.
- Technical solutions will be insufficient, we also need behaviour change.
- Fares and taxes should encourage people to make lower carbon travel choices.
- We must ensure a fair and just transition to net zero.
- Greater devolution will be a key driver of decarbonisation.
Hosted by Greener Transport Solutions, Addleshaw Goodard, Transport Times, Foundation for Integrated Transport & The Transport Knowledge Hub, the events will bring together leading academics, politicians, business leaders, consumer groups and think tanks to discuss what is needed to decarbonise transport. Experts will discuss and respond to questions from the Greener Transport Council.
The series will culminate in the publication of ‘A Manifesto for Decarbonising Transport’ to be published in the Autumn 2021.
Date & Time
Date: Monday 6 September 2021
Time: 10.00 - 11.45
If you would like to find out any further information, please email Fiona Gardner at GTS@connectpa.co.uk.
Processing of data
Join us for this event.
|Free To Attend||£0.00|