Past event: This event has already taken place.
An essential course for those new to public affairs, as well as for anyone working in policy-making or government who needs a greater understanding of how decisions are made.
Our popular course provides an excellent overview of UK political decision-making and how it works. This course is delivered by experienced practitioners to give those new to the sector an introduction to the key elements of public affairs, covering:
- UK decision making – an overview
- The basics of UK political institutions
- Understanding key roles – MPs, peers, ministers, officials
- An introduction to the legislative process – including English Votes for English Laws (EVEL)
- How to influence Parliament and Government
- The importance of building and sustaining relationships
- Keeping track of policy and political developments
- An introduction to public affairs tactics
- Useful websites, tools and where to go build political insight and intelligence
To discuss this course, or to talk through how we can help your organisation sharpen your public affairs activity, please call Rob Dale on 020 7592 9592 or email email@example.com.
Date & Time
Date: Thursday 17 May 2018
Time: 09.30 - 12.30
020 7222 3533