An essential course for those new to public affairs, as well as for anyone working in policy-making or government who needs a greater understanding of how decisions are made.
Our popular course provides an excellent overview of UK political decision-making and how it works. This course is delivered by experienced practitioners to give those new to the sector an introduction to the key elements of public affairs, covering:
- UK decision making – an overview
- The basics of UK political institutions
- Understanding key roles – MPs, peers, ministers, officials
- An introduction to the legislative process – including English Votes for English Laws (EVEL)
- How to influence Parliament and Government
- The importance of building and sustaining relationships
- Keeping track of policy and political developments
- An introduction to public affairs tactics
- Useful websites, tools and where to go build political insight and intelligence
Join us for this event.
£200.00 – £250.00
To discuss this course, or to talk through how we can help your organisation sharpen your public affairs activity, please call Rob Dale on 020 7592 9592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
020 7222 3533 DD/MM/YYYY
Date & Time
Date: Thursday 8 February 2018
Time: 09.30 - 12.30
020 7222 3533