Past event: This event has already taken place.
The current policy landscape presents our police service with many challenges and opportunities in terms of how they deliver frontline policing and remain accountable to the public they serve.
The Policing Fringe returns to the Party Conferences and will hear from national politicians and policing representatives who are at the forefront of delivering and managing change.
Policing is facing further change which needs to be radical and imaginative and ensuring the public are put first. Into the Blue: What’s next for Policing will focus on the changing nature of demand on policing and the legitimacy.
This year’s Policing Fringe will hear from some of the most influential figures in the sector:
- Ben Page, Chief Executive, Ipsos MORI (Chair)
- Rt Hon Mike Penning MP, Minister for Policing, Crime, Criminal Justice and Victimes
- Steve White, Chair, Police Federation of England and Wales
- Sara Thornton CBE QPM, Chair, National Police Chiefs’ Council
- Irene Curtis OBE, President, Police Superintendents’ Association of England and Wales
Please note that this event is held inside the secure zone and a Conservative party conference pass is required for access.
For all enquiries regarding The Policing Fringe 2015 please contact Fiona Gardner at Connect Communications:
020 7592 9490
Date & Time
Date: Tuesday 6 October 2015
Time: 17.45 - 19.00
Midland Hotel (inside secure site)