Past event: This event has already taken place.
Transport investment under uncertainty
The Transport Knowledge Hub invites you to attend our event to consider transport investment in the North in a time of fast-paced technological change. This high-level event will bring together Local Enterprise Partnerships, local authorities and other local decision-makers to discuss and share ideas on how to approach transport investment at a time when disruptive technology will have a profound effect on travel patterns.
We will share insights into how new technologies are beginning to influence how people move within the region and the need to think about what transport technology offers passengers in the future to make sure the region invests in the right projects.
With an extraordinary pace of change, we will discuss the importance of finding timely and cost-effective solutions to the challenges faced with achieving sustainable and inclusive growth and how the Transport Knowledge Hub can help LEPs and local authorities across the North make transformational local transport plans fit for the future that make a difference cheaply and quickly.
Professor Greg Marsden
Institute for Transport Studies, Leeds University
Managing Director, UK Bus, Arriva
Strategic Road Director, Transport for the North
Executive Director, Transport Knowledge Hub
With contributions from:
- Mick Noone, Director of Integrated Transport, Merseytravel
- Simon Warburton, Transport Strategy Director, Transport for Greater Manchester
- Liz Hunter, Interim Director of Policy & Strategy, West Yorkshire Combined Authority
- Philip Meikle, Transport Strategy Director, Nexus
- Simon Craven, Special Advisor, Go-Ahead Group
- Tim Taylor, Director of Customer Services, South Yorkshire PTE
- Graham Botham, Strategy & Planning Director (North), Network Rail
- John Hope, Operations, Highways England North West
If you would like to find out any further information, please email Fiona Gardner at email@example.com.
Date & Time
Date: Thursday 15 March 2018
Time: 10.00 - 14.00
1 Sovereign Square
Leeds LS1 4DA