The purpose of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Digital Skills is to provide a forum for parliamentarians, educators and employers to promote the importance of digital skills and to encourage a greater understanding of digital skills for personal, educational and career development.
About the Group
The key objectives of the Group will be to:
- Raise awareness to parliamentarians and policymakers that digital skills are vital to the UK economy;
- Communicate the urgency of upskilling the population in digital skills and the importance of improving digital skills to enhance the UK’s productivity, competitiveness and social mobility;
- Work with MPs to champion digital skills in communities, education and the workplace.
The APPG is chaired by Julie Elliott MP, a member of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee.
The other officers of the group are:
- Lord Knight of Weymouth (Vice Chair)
- Chris Green MP (Vice Chair)
- Nigel Huddleston MP (Officer)
- Lord Lucas (Officer)
The group is sponsored by BT, City and Guilds, Google, and The Education Technology Association, who are passionate about driving the agenda forward.
Sign up for updates
If you would like to receive notification of forthcoming Group meetings please enter your details below:
Contact the Group
Connect provide the Secretariat to the Group on behalf of the Group sponsors.
For further information please contact Riccardo Robertson on 0207 592 9592 or DigitalSkillsAPPG@connectpa.co.uk
The Group is supported by the organisations below who help fund the running of the Group via its secretariat, Connect. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Group please contact email@example.com.